Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

It was fun during my grandfather's birthday party!

On Saturday 20th of May 2017, my family and I went to my grandfather’s birthday party and it was held at a hotel in Manukau. We travelled there in three separate cars.

First we had to dress up nicely in our good clothes. Then my siblings and one of my cousin went with my dad to  head to the birthday party first because they were the first ones to get ready. The rest of us joined them later at the birthday party because we were waiting for my mum and aunty to get dressed.

When we arrived at the hotel, we all went quickly inside. When my grandfather came all the guests stood up and exclaimed,” Surprise!”

Then we all sang happy birthday to him. After singing my grandfather gave a speech to thank all the family and friends who came to his birthday party.

Afterwards everybody started getting food from the buffet table. There were some children’s food on the table and adult food on the other table. I ate pizza, chips and some salad. The food was so appetizing to eat.

Then after eating some food, my siblings, my cousins, some other children and I all grabbed a helium balloon each to play with. It was really fun playing with it because we ran around with it and played with it.

Not long my mum called us so we can go back to my aunt's  house. We all took all our helium balloons with us in the car.

My favourite part of the day was playing with the helium balloons because it was fun playing with it.

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, events and conclusion about my grandfather's birthday party.


Image result for birthday party at the hotel



No comments:

Post a Comment