Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Weekend in Manurewa!

On Friday afternoon, my family and I went to my cousin's house in Manurewa for a weekend. First we had to pack the clothes that we were taking with us. My Siblings helped me to pack up while my mum baked a chocolate cake and two pies.

After my siblings and I finished packing, I went to my mum in the kitchen hoping to help her but she had already finished baking the cake.

 After we were ready to go, my grandpa took us in his car and drove us to Manurewa. It took us an hour to get there. After we arrived, we went inside the house and they had already finished their dinner.

Then my cousins, my siblings and I went outside and played on the roller skates and scooter. A roller skate is a moving shoes or boots with wheels attached to them. The scooter has two has two wheels and a flat board where you stand on with one foot while yourself push forward with the sets of other foot on the ground. They had two sets of roller skates and one scooter. I went on one of the roller skates, my cousin went on the other roller skates and my other cousin went on the scooter. My other cousin and my siblings went back inside. My cousin on the roller skate taught me how to ride on it and soon I was getting used to it. Then we raced up and down the driveway on the roller skates and scooter.

After we went back inside, we watched a movie. We watched Smurfs. The movie was about little blue smurfs. There was an evil wizard called Gargamel. The Smurfs tumble from their magical world into the human world. After the movie, we were all so sleepy and tired soon we fell sleepy.

The next day we had breakfast. We ate chocolate cake, pie and drank tea. After breakfast we rested for a while.

Then we went on the computer and played games on it. We played Fire boy and Water girl. We played for a while. It was so much fun. Then my aunt and my mum went to M'c Donald's and bought frozen coke. When they came back home, we grabbed a frozen coke each and sat down on the chair to enjoy the cool, refresh drink.

Image result for kids riding on the roller skatesMy favourite part was going on the roller skate because we raced up and down the driveway.

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, the events and a conclusion about a weekend in Manurewa.


No comments:

Post a Comment